Date Night and Tornado in Moore

Friday, May 31, 2013

-Note: It has taken me over a week to post this. I just never felt like I had the right words, but I needed to get it on here before I forgot about it.
 
Last Saturday, Kaci and Mom watched the kids so we could go on a date!
 
 
 
 
We went to the movies to see Pain and Gain, and we really liked it! We haven't been to the movies since This Means War came out so it was nice to get to go!
 
After the movies we met up with Kaci and picked Mason up.. Mackenzie stayed at Nene and Pops house.
 
 
 
Taking just Mason to church Sunday Morning.
 
 
Sunday afternoon we went to moms house for dinner. Mimi Shannon called and invited us to swim so we went over for a little bit, came back for dinner and finished the night by riding Pops' golf cart all over their land..

^Notice the princess heels
 
^Notice who is filling out 3/6 Month clothes!

My babies are definietely loved!
Mimi Shannon and Nene keep these two spoiled rotten!
 
 
 
 

Mackenzie picked Nene some flowers as we were riding around!
And no she never wears pants!


 
Coming in from a sleepover at Nene's!
 
 
Monday morning was just the start of another work week... Until Alisa came in my office and asked if I heard about a tornado in Moore. My family has lived in Moore forever so I started to panic. She said "I am sure they are fine.. This says its headed toward Sooner Road at 134th" I almost died. Those are the two roads we take to get to my Aunt and Uncle's house. After lots of phone calls and texts, we finally heard from my cousin, Kali, via Facebook. Her internet at work was still working so we were able to chat that way. It seemed like it took forever to hear if everyone else was okay... Here are some pictures I took as a screen shot on my phone as I was headed home from work..  

 
 
All of those tweets give me the chills.
 

 
When I got home I couldn't turn the news off just watching all of the media coverage on it. Not long after that our tornado sirens went off in town.
 
 
When we switched to Verizon we started getting weather alerts from the National Weather Service.
 
We were expecting really bad weather so we had already packed a bag just in case the sirens went off in the middle of the night. This was the first time we have ever went to the shelter. I have never really been scared but now that we have two kids I just wanted to make sure they were safe.. Which clearly they loved going....
 
 
We got back home about 10:30 and our power finally came back on at 5 that morning.
 
 
 
This picture has been all over social media and I love it. In the middle of all of the ruble is a sign that reads "The most important things in life aren't things"
 
Thankfully our family didn't lose their homes unlike several others. We were supposed to leave that Friday to go to my cousin, Kali's, wedding shower. It was called off after the building had structural damage a few days later from all the rain. We will be going to visit the end of June for Kali's wedding. As much as I can't wait to see the family just to know they are okay, I don't think I will be ready to see the damage to their hometown.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yay for datenight!! So glad your family is okay. How scary! I love Mack runnin around in her panties. HA! Your kids are way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images